Saturday, September 17, 2011

Awesome Stuff # 3: Friendship


“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”  

-A.A Milne, Winnie the Pooh

When I was young, I don’t think I valued friendship enough. This may have been because I was very, very close to my family as I was growing up, it may have been because I was bullied and developed a strong distrust of my peers as a kid, it may have been because I’m an introvert or maybe its because I was selfish. It was probably a combination of all of those things. I look back and realize that I really didn’t know what I was missing. Having good friends is amazingly wonderful!
I have looked back at the last two years of my life in particular and I’ve wondered how it is that I have been blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people. I sure didn’t deserve it. There were friendships I leaned very heavily on in times of trouble and friendships I let fall by the wayside, friendships I neglected and friendships I smothered. Yet everyone stuck with me, had faith in me, believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, waited patiently for me to get around to spending time with them again. These brave souls thought I was worth it! 
These friends have been such a blessing in my life that it encourages me to try harder to give more of myself to others in friendship that I might be able to be a blessing in other people’s lives too. I want to help and listen and serve and celebrate and be a good friend the way my friends have been to me. 
Having true-blue friends. . .
AWESOME!


"Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is a very comforting thing to have".

 -A.A Milne, Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment