Friday, September 30, 2011

Hodgepodge & Awesome #4 - Positive Outcomes


I know I don’t have to apologize for neglecting frequent posting to better manage my currently busy circumstances, but I personally wish that I could have posted more lately. I have many new thoughts that I’m excited about and have been thinking on and I can’t wait to write them out in this wonderful medium. However, I’m a bit stretched for writing time at the moment, so I thought I would at least give a preview of some topics I’ve been writing on with a hodgepodge of “Awesomeness” thrown in for good measure. 
I’ve been thinking lately about “rules” about why they exist, who makes, them, why we break them etc. I’ve been thinking about maturity, particularly spiritual maturity. I’ve been experiencing what it means to have a real relationship with God and the freedom that it brings. I’ve also put a lot of thought into the amount of unnecessary stress we put ourselves through. There’s also been a lot of awesomeness - but I’ll leave you with one piece of awesome for now.
You know when you are anticipating something really bad to happen? When you feel a slight bit panicky and apprehensive and sick to your stomach with worry? You know you have to take action and deal with it but you’d rather just crawl into a hole and die? Ya, that feeling. 
So there you are, all wound up about this “something” that you’ve made out to be a big deal in your head. You get the nerve to step up and deal with it. You brace yourself, expecting this waterfall of “badness” to pour down on you. . .and then. . .nothing. The world doesn’t end, in fact, nothing bad happens. Actually, you can hardly believe it, but something GOOD comes out of it.  

And that, that is AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment